Sex therapy includes the exploration and treatment of a range of sexual issues using talking therapies and at times, practical interventions, to be carried out in the comfort and intimacy of your own home.
It is available to individual clients and to couples, irrespective of gender/sexual orientation.
If you are affected by any of these issues, either all the time, or just with a particular partner, you might benefit from seeking support. This is not an extensive list, if your issue is not listed here, get in touch and we can have a chat about it.
Common Presenting Issues in Sex Therapy
- Vaginismus (difficult experiencing vaginal penetration)
- Dyspareunia (painful sex and/or genital touch, often combined with vaginismus)
- Ejaculation issues (rapid/premature ejaculation, delayed ejaculation or unable to ejaculate)
- Erection difficulties
- Lost of desire/arousal, or desire discrepancies between partners
- Anorgasmia (inability to orgasm, all genders)
- Fear of Intimacy
- Performance anxiety
- Analismus (difficulties with penetrative anal play)
- Aging and medical changes that affect sexual functioning
- Sexual trauma
- Sexual phobias or aversions